'...Trying to become perfect by your own human effort?' Galatians 3:3 NLT
We were raised on Disney films. Whatever we want to be, we can be. Right? Shrug. Maybe. Hopes and dreams need more than a vague sense the world owes us some sort of destiny. But we also can't run ourselves dry chasing after them. There has to be somewhere between the 'Let's-take-on-the-wooorld!!!' and the 'I'm-gonna-slump-on-the-couch-and-eat-a-sanger' approach to life. Let's see...
(1) Short and sweet - give it all up to God. Then He'll kick back any dreams He doesn't see as worth your time or His glory.
(2) Live today, as it is - not as you think it should be.
(3) Set small realistic goals that can be reached, but don't be afraid if they require you to stretch a little further than normal. Maybe you'll surprise yourself.
(4) Don't spend forever trying to get one little thing of your life perfect. It's about healthy living, not obsession. And finally, what about - -?
(5) When you mess up: Oh, wait, you aren't perfect? Well, surprise. Neither is anyone else. It's ok. Promise.
(6) When you give up: Find your worth in God - not what you can do, or how you look, or what things you have, or what other people say. Never forget that.
SoulFood: Gen 47-49, John 19:25-42, Ps 150, Ecc 5:10-12
word4U2day (an adaptation of The Word for Today authored by Bob & Debby Gass) is published under licence by UCB Australia. 2013 UCB International Ltd